Monday, January 12, 2015

Week 2 Goals

Last week went better than I had expected. We had to readjust back to "school mode" and I was a little nervous that the mornings would be a struggle!  I think it was harder for me than the kiddos.  There is just something about flannel sheets, I could stay wrapped up in them all day.  Even with wind chills below zero, I was able to pull myself out of bed and get the day started.  I drag myself out of bed at 5:30 5:35 5:40 5:45 every morning so I can give myself a little buffer time to drink coffee, read, and sometimes write before the kids get up.  If I could force myself out of bed by 5:30, I really could accomplish a lot more!  Maybe that should be a new goal...


Last week's goals:

Mind and Soul

  • finish The Witness Wore Red--I can't WAIT to update you on this book. WOW!  This was a good one!
  • finish Too Busy Not To Pray--another great one to update you on! Almost done; I did reread the first 3 chapters to get ready for our Bible study group.
Marriage
  • decide on destination for anniversary trip Gatlinburg, TN here we come!  Seclueded cabin, hot tub, amusement park, whitewater rafting, here we come!  We are leaving right after the school year ends, what a perfect way to kick off summer!

Children
  • begin The Bloom Bible study This is a great resource.  The first week was one creation, we memorized a verse and read the creation story together. 
  • research activities for kiddos to participate in Well, sorta.  Camdyn wants to try gymnastics again, it's a 30 minute drive, I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and do it!  Colton isn't sure yet, but he's leaning toward karate.
Friendships
  • decide on group for Too Busy Not To Pray The hubby and I went to a study group for this and we are the youngest ones there by about 25 years. I'm hoping for the best and trying to be open.
Health
  • walk 3 times Uh, no.  The temperature did not get about 20 degrees all week, so this was a no go.  Better luck this week!
Mind and Soul


  • finish Too Busy Not To Pray
  • begin The Aviator's Wife, going for something hopefully a little more lighthearted after last week's intense read
Marriage
  • Friday night date night, hopefully--fingers crossed!
Children
  • continue The Bloom Bible study
  • register Camdyn for gymnastics
  • find Colton a karate class 
  • decide on a good read aloud

Health
  • walk 3 times, for real this week 
Blog
  • continue with Blogelina class
And, done.  That looks like a pretty good list.

What's your week looking like?

No comments:

Post a Comment