Wednesday, August 20, 2014

DIY Coat Tree in 3 Simple Steps

Why aren't there any closets in this house??  How did I overlook that in the blueprints?!?!  You build a house and think everything will be perfect, only to move in and realize there is NO storage space. Aaaahhhhh...if only I could be mad at someone other than myself....

I love my house, I really do, but I get so frustrated that we didn't account for a bigger entry way or hall closet.  I've had to get really creative when it comes to storage.  I cannot stand to walk in the front door and see a mess of coats piled up.  I racked my brain...well let's be honest, I searched Pinterest, to see what I could come up with.  Hours of searching led to some good ideas that I could meld together.



Here's how I did it:



1.  Ordered this tree wall decal from Amazon.  Gotta love Amazon Prime to quickly ship all of my DIYing needs without changing out of my PJs.  (No, not a paid plug, I just LOVE it!)


2.  Apply decal to your wall.  Make sure you plan it out before you peel off the backing to make sure it everything fits right!



3.  Once this is done, attach any simple coat hooks.  I chose to put them on the end of the branch to make it like you were really hanging the coats off the tree.


Viola!  A perfect solution that doesn't take up any floor space at all!!  And so much cheaper than purchasing an actual coat tree.


Now, any simple vacuum cleaner storage solutions???

No comments:

Post a Comment