Monday, November 3, 2014

Thankful Thursday Week 1

As part of my spiritual journey I am committing myself to appreciating God's beauty and the blessings he has bestowed upon my family.  First of all, we live in an absolutely gorgeous area of the Appalachian Mountains.


The Blondies soaking up the view while Mama mows.

We are blessed beyond words to have been given this gorgeous piece of land by my grandfather before he passed away.  My husband and I had dreamed of building our own home and at first mention of this he said he wanted us to have this piece of property in the field adjoining his land.




Every morning as I look out my kitchen window, I am reminded of him and thank the Lord for allowing him to remain in my life for 26 years.  I miss you Papaw!

Please join me weekly in sharing our blessings.  There is enough sadness and misery in this world, let's put more positive out there!

**I first started this post over the summer when I had a little more time on my hands.  When I opened it up this morning, I wanted to cry.  First of all because a lush green lawn has been replaced by a harsh first of November frost, but also because I had not followed through with putting thankfulness at the forefront of what I have been doing.
  Yesterday at church, I was responsible for the children's sermon.  I thought it was important for our children to hear the message that we need to be thankful all of the time, not just on Thanksgiving.  Wow!  If that didn't just hit home for me!!  I taught them this saying and it's definitely one I'm going to keep on my heart for a while: "For all of your life, make this your goal: think of the doughnut and not the hole."

No comments:

Post a Comment