Tuesday, August 19, 2014

How To Freeze Eggs

I was super excited when I saw that Grants (a local grocery store here) was having a sale on eggs this week.  My family can tear up some eggs between breakfasts and usually baking at least one treat a week!  This little man of ours eats like a grown man and he must be going through a growth spurt because I can hardly fill him up!  He seems to be eating about twice the amount I plan for.  He wakes up with a massive appetite so having eggs on hand makes things much easier.  What am I going to do when he's a teenager?!?!  Maybe we should get some chickens...HINT, HINT dearest hubby!

I had never frozen eggs before, so after a little research it seemed super easy and I decided to give it a try.  While at Grants I bought 6 dozen eggs.  I only got a couple of looks when we were loading up the buggy.  (For those of you who don't quite understand Southern, that's what we call a shopping cart!)  We are going to use 2 dozen throughout the next couple of weeks and we decided to freeze 4 dozen.

Here's the VERY simple step by step to save eggs when you've either found a great deal or crazy laying chickens!


Decide how many eggs you are going to freeze.  We decided 4 dozen.


Decide how you want to divide your eggs.  I put 4 eggs in each bag.  This is a perfect number for scrambling for breakfast and easily goes into 12.  Yes, they must all be equal.  My mind is a little OCD with stuff like this.  Uneven bags would not have set well with me.


Beat the eggs.


Pour them into the freezer bag.
Repeat for all of your eggs.


All finished!  12 preportioned bags of eggs.  Ready for breakfasts when this Mama has to go back to work!  Aaahhh noooooooo............Say it ain't so!!!


This only took about 10 minutes and was super easy!  Try it next time when you have an abundance of eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment